Steve Hogg - The Broken Arrow Dentist
Helping People Gain Confidence by Helping them Smile
Being a dentist allows me to meet wonderful people and improve their lives.
Every day I look forward to getting to know new families and reconnecting with long-time patients. I love seeing the bright smiles of our younger patients and caring for those smiles as they grow up. I enjoy talking with our adult and senior patients, learning about their lives and experiences, too.
I became a dentist to help brighten smiles and improve lives.
Oral health is connected to overall wellness. When I can improve a person’s oral health, he or she becomes healthier as a result. Whether I’m relieving pain, restoring function, or making a smile even more beautiful, I’m helping. I know smiles are a reflection of one’s confidence. My team and I help others gain confidence in their lives by improving their smile!
I have an incredible team. Each member is skilled and knowledgeable. They are all also passionate about providing the best dental experience. They will go out of their way to make sure all our patients get the care they deserve: the best!
I grew up in Tulsa and have lived in Broken Arrow since 1992. My wife Pam and I have a daughter, Lyndsey, who’s a clinical pharmacist. We also have a long-haired dachshund, Bullet. When I’m not working, I enjoy being outdoors. My favorite pastimes include college football, traveling, camping in our RV, scuba diving, aviation, and playing golf.
Education and Continuing Education
- Bachelor of Science – Oklahoma State University
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery – University of Oklahoma College of Dentistry
It’s exciting to be practicing dentistry right now. Advances in techniques, materials, and technology allow us to deliver stronger, incredibly comfortable care. I’m a believer in life-long learning: My patients deserve a dentist who is able to provide the right treatment for their needs and desires.
Each year I complete many hours of continuing dental education from the eight specialty areas of dentistry. These courses give me a broader perspective, keep me current, and enable me to recommend treatment approaches tailored to each individual.
Professional Memberships, Past and Present
- Certified dental consultant for 20 years
American Association of Dental Consultants
- American Dental Association
- Oklahoma Dental Association
- Tulsa County Dental Society
- Fellow, American College of Dentists
- Fellow, International College of Dentists
- Member, Academy of General Dentistry
- Admissions Committee, O.U. College of Dentistry
- J. Dean Robertson Society, O.U. College of Dentistry
- Eastern Oklahoma Donated Dental Services
- Preceptor Office for O.U. College of Dentistry Dental Students
- Preceptor Office for Tulsa Technology Center Dental Assisting Students
Honors, Offices Held, and Community Service
- Oklahoma Missions of Mercy, Dentist Volunteer, multiple years
- Dan E. Brannin Professionalism Award, Oklahoma Dental Association, 2006
- Delegate, American Dental Association, 12th District, State of Oklahoma, 2005-2015
- Alternate Delegate, 12th District, State of Oklahoma, 1996-2004
- Oklahoma Dentist of the Year, Oklahoma Dental Association, 2003
- President, Oklahoma Dental Association, 2000-2001
- President-Elect, Oklahoma Dental Association, 1999-2000
- Vice President, Oklahoma Dental Association, 1998-1999
- Speaker, D.R. Days @ American Dental Association, Chicago, August 1999
- Member, Tulsa Technology Dental Assisting Advisory Committee, 1998-2015
- Chairman, Broken Arrow Street Bond Committee, 1997
- Member, Oklahoma Senate Advisory Task Force on Managed Care 1996
- James A. Saddoris Award for Outstanding Contributions to Organized Dentistry, 1996
- Partner-In-Education, Sequoyah Middle School, Broken Arrow, OK, 1996-2008
- Chairman, All I Want for Christmas Project, Dental Care for the Needy, 1995-97
- Independent Medical Examiner, State of Oklahoma, 1995-present
- Co-Chair, Statewide Mid-Term Adjustment School Funding Steering Committee, 1995
- Member, Focus on Results, Essential Skills Task Force – Union School District, 1995
- President, Tulsa County Dental Society, 1994
- Member, State of Oklahoma Healthcare Reform Study Commission
- Member, City of Broken Arrow Functional Issues Team, 1993-94
- Trustee, Okla. Dental Assoc. Board of Trustees, 1994-96
- President-Elect, Tulsa County Dental Society, 1993
- Member, Tulsa County Peer Review, 1993-96
- Member, O.D.A. President's Committee on Health Care Reform, 1993
- Treasurer, Tulsa County Dental Society, 1992
- Rush Memorial Award, Tulsa Co. Dental Society, 1992
- Independent Dental Benefit Consultant, 1991-present
- Chairman of the Board, Delta Dental Plan of Oklahoma, 1989-92
- President, Delta Dental Plan of Oklahoma, 1988
- Delegate, Okla. Dental Assoc. House of Delegates, 1985-2001
- Fellow, Pierre Fauchard Academy, Int’l Dental Honor Organization
- Clinical Instructor, Oral Roberts University, School of Dentistry, Dept. of Endodontics, 1982-83
- Member, Omicron Kappa Upsilon Nat’l Dental Scholastic Honors Organization